Saturday, October 2, 2010

A year in review.....

It's hard to believe one year ago I was extremely fat, miserable, and walking up and down the stairs every night. My house was spotless, the nursery was ready, and my hospital bag was packed. I thought I was prepared but little did I know, no matter how many books you read and as much advice you get, motherhood is something you can't be 100% prepared for. And unfortunately there is no instruction manual to follow. Has it been hard? You betcha. Would I trade it for anything? No. This past year we've had countless sleepless nights, many doctors visits and lots of tears. But all the loves and giggles have made it more than worth it. It's amazing how much happiness one little boy can bring. Oct: Kayson slept. a lot. during the day. not so much at night.


Nov: Started packin on the lbs and his chubby cheeks
came to be. And boy have I enjoyed those cheeks. Seriously
he gained like over a pound a week this month. He was
really sick this month with RSV and had to have breathing
treatments every 3-4 hours. He spent a lot of his time in his
swing and started getting his days and nights figured out.
Stopped taking his binky.
Dec: Started smiling and becoming so much
more alert and fun. Started sleeping better. Still
getting over his sickness. Started sitting in his bumbo
which he loved.
Jan: Getting so much more of a personality
Attacks his stuffed animals. Giggles. SLEEPING
THROUGH THE NIGHT. Rolling over from back
to stomach. Feb: Went through a shy phase. If someone he

didn't know was holding him he would stick out he
bottom lip and start crying. Started really playing with
toys and sitting in his excersaucer. Loves bumbo. Started
sitting up really well. Tried rice cereal but didn't quite
get the hang of eating from a spoon. Loves baby einsteins.
March: Rolling all over everywhere. Loves
his giraffe and soft blankets. Loves having diaper
off.
April: Loves toys. Getting to be so much fun.
No longer in an infant carseat.

May: Trying lots of new foods. Likes carrots and
sweet potatoes, hates anything green. Getting
more and more mobile starting to scoot backwards.
Got sick and no longer sleeps through the night.
Standing up on everything.
June: Started crawling. Loves his daddy.
Really happy. Loves being outside. Walking
along furniture.
July: Getting into everything. Pneumonia.
Says Hi. Goofball.
August: Wild man. Silly. Says vroom vroom. Nods
head YA. Loves his car. Impossible to get dressed.
Climbs on everything, opens cupboards, unscrews
lids, always making messes.



September: STINKER. naughty. Started walking

but still prefers crawling. Says ball, bull (as in bull elk),

hot, mama, da (dad), up, whoa, baba (bottle),balloon, and his favorite: Oh Wow. Nods head yes and no. loves other kids. He is definately at a fun age but let me tell ya he is a handful he loves to climb in, on, over, and through everything. Including under the stair gate, into the bathtub, and in cupboards. He still doesn't eat much but is eating a little better. Hates regular milk, so I'm not sure what to do about that. He is always keepin me on my toes but then he gives me a hug and pats me on the back and all I can do is love the little guy. I'm so grateful I've been able to stay at home with him this last year I've enjoyed every minute. His birthday is this Friday and I'm pretty sure I'm more excited than he is.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

You almost made me cry! I can't believe it's been a year. It's been fun watching you become a mom and seeing Kayson's personality emerge. Happy Birthday Kayson! We'll see you soon!

Doug and McKensie said...

What a doll! You are a great mommy to remember & document all of that... Go Candee. :) This is a really cute post. What a sweet boy. Hope the birthday party is everything you expect & more. ;)

the h fam. said...

awww i love all these pics and i love your year summary of him! happy birthday little man! he's so cute candee, and you're such a good mom!

tiana said...

He is such a cutie and you are such a good mom. I learn a lot of how I hope to be from seeing you. Now that the guys are back from the woods lets get together!